Dominicana 1916–1968 Archive
In 1916, in honor of the seventh hundred anniversary of the Order of Preachers, the students of the Dominican Province of Saint Joseph at the House of Studies in Washington, D.C. published a collection of articles, stories and poems they had written on a variety of Dominican themes. With the support and encouragement of their superiors they continued publishing quarterly issues of the journal they called Dominicana, offering a wide variety of articles on matters theological and Dominican, as well as fiction, poetry, and news about the Province. The challenge of writing and editing the journal provided an opportunity for them to grow in zeal for the Dominican charism, and many of the brothers found it fruitful. Publication of the original run of Dominicana continued until 1968.